Saturday, January 22, 2011

Share Excel Workbooks on SharePoint Server 2010

You can reuse and share Excel workbooks on SharePoint Server 2010 portals and dashboards by using Excel Services.   This means that you can control what data is displayed and maintain a single version of your Excel workbook.
Excel Services supports workbooks that are connected to external data sources. By saving them centrally in a data connection library file on the SharePoint Site, other people could also use the same connection method to view and interact with your data.
To do that you will need to export the data source connection files to SharePoint Site as following:
  • Open the excel
  • Go to Data tab and click on the Connection Properties menu for your worksheetimage







  • Click on the Definition tab and then click on the Export Connection File button on the bottom  image
  • Save the file on a SharePoint site with Office Database Connection extension (*.odc)
image
  • Once the data connection file been saved on the SharePoint site, the location of the connection file should be changed and pointed to the SharePoint Site
image
  • Now you could Save and Publish your Workbook to SharePoint site by Click on the Save & Send  menu
image
Once you did that, other people from your team/company can view live, interactive workbooks you created by using the browser on the SharePoint site.

15 comments:

  1. I really appreciate your post. It gives an outstanding idea that is very helpful for all the people on the web. Thanks for sharing this information and I’ll love to read your next post too.

    Regards:

    Share Tips

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definately be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table,but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment.
    Thank You
    trade4target.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore reading your blog posts, the variety of writing is smashing.

    This blog as usual was educational, I have had to bookmark your site and subscribe to your feed in i feed.

    Your theme looks lovely.Thanks for sharing.

    Commodity Tips

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciate your post and you explain each and every point very well.Thanks for sharing this information.And I’ll love to read your next post too.

    Regards

    Gold Silver Tips

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really appreciate your post and you explain each and every point very well.Thanks for sharing this information.And I’ll love to read your next post too.

    Regards

    Gold Silver Tips

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great write-up, I am regular visitor of one’s web site, maintain up the nice operate, and It’s going to be a regular visitor for a long time.
    camcorder

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for another essential article. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a complete way of writing? I have a presentation incoming week, and I am on the lookout for such information.

    computer store

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are just too magnificent.I actually like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you are stating and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it
    sensible. I can not wait to read far more from you. This is actually a tremendous site.
    Regards: Commodity Tips Very efficiently written post. It will be valuable to everyone who uses it, as well as myself. Keep doing what you are doing looking forward to more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I real understand your aggregation and you vindicate each and every show very compartment.Thanks for distribution this entropy.And I'll hump to indicate your next stake too.



    Computer Hardware Store

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read your publish . it was amazing. The way you tell about things is awesome. They are motivating and beneficial. Thanks for giving your details and opinions. shyam advisory free trial

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think, it’s a helpful topic. I like this topic. I want know some helpful things from this side. It fresh my mind and experience. So lots of thanks for sharing this information with me.

    SEO Services

    ReplyDelete
  12. SharePoint is typically associated with web content management and document management systems, but it is actually a much broader platform of web technologies, capable of being configured to suit a wide range of solution areas.
    Natural Gas Tips

    ReplyDelete
  13. While doing this work they have faced with a huge problem and they can nor get rid of this now.But on the other hand taking some time hwy will be able to solve this at once.So i wanna wish them good luck.








    Brand Desktop Computers

    ReplyDelete
  14. The stuff here is pretty cool and awesome. I got the meaning clearly and need no longer time to understand it. It’s really interesting.
    Computer Motherboard

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post! I am see the programming coding and step by step execute the outputs.I am gather this coding more information. It's helpful for me my friend. Also great blog here with all of the valuable information you have.
    Sharepoint Training in Chennai

    ReplyDelete