TimeXtender 2012 is a new data warehouse development tool that I’ve been using to rapidly increase the ETL Development.
There are lots of different way to load data into stage area using TimeXtender 2012. If you are used to use store procedure to gather the related source data, you could still use it in TimeXtender with minimum modification.
Here is an example:
- Create a store procedure in the Staging area and deploy it.
- In the store procedure, Make sure you upsert the result dataset into a table . You may use INTO Clause (T-SQL) to store the result.
- Create a Script Action to execute the stored procedure.
- Set the script action as either the Pre-Step or the Post-Step for the Business unit using the Business Unit Advanced property menu.
- Create a Customer view in the business unit to read in the data from the result set table. Make sure you Synchronize the view fields after deploy the view to see the columns.
- After Deploy and Execute the business unit, you could right click the view and select preview to exam the result.
- Now you could use the stage data to create/populate the data warehouse table using drag and drop action.